Monday, March 7, 2011

March 5, 2011

Today is a work day. Want to change the fuel filters because of that loss of power I experienced coming into Marathon. Since I carry a number of filters, I decided to do it myself - first time. Started with the secondary filter on the engine and it was really difficult to get off because the filter wrench kept slipping. Finally went down to our friends on Windsong and borrowed another wrench form him. It worked, got it off and replaced it with a new filter. Switched the primary filter over to the unused side and started the engine and ran it for a while to make sure not air bubbles in the system although I was really careful. While in the engine room I noticed some water leaking from the air conditioner intake filter. I followed it up and found that a hose clamp had broken and so I replaced it and the leaking stopped. Had to clean up the water though and replace the oil pads under the engine as they were wet.

Enough work for one day. We went to Happy Hour at the bar pub, where we were joined by by Janice and Russ, and our friends from Windsong and Serendipity. Went back to the boat and cooked dinner for Brenda and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment