Monday, March 7, 2011

March 6, 2011

Today I changed the fuel filter on the primary filter system. As I looked into the glass bowl on the side of the filter that was in operation for the past few months, there was about an inch of water and crud in the bottom of the bowl. Looks like that that was my problem. I know I checked the filter before we left on our tripe from Shark River and the bowl was clear. The trip across with all the tossing and turning must have stirred up this stuff from the bottom of the fuel tanks. I also think I may have gotten a bad fill of fuel back in St Petersburg. Anyway I emptied the water and crud from the filter and replaced the paper filter inside with a new filter. The old filter was absolutely black, obviously clogging the system. Once I put everything back together, I ran the engine for a while and move the boat to a new slip. No problem.

Went out to dinner a nice restaurant about a mile from the marina. Name of ??.

After we got back we watched TV for a bit and Brenda fell asleep in her chair. I just about convinced her to go to bed (it was 9) and her mother phoned. I went to bed and when I awoke about 1, Brenda had fallen asleep on the couch after she and her mother had finished talking. Brenda has a habit of falling asleep in the couch and then staggering to bed about 1 each night.

1 comment: