Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday - July 8, 2011

Went to open the new chart plotter chip to plan our route across Lake Ontario last night and I noticed it was the wrong chip. Decided to stay over and drive back to West Marine to exchange it for the right chip. Took a nice drive along the southern part of Lake Ontario on our way to and back from Watertown. That's about all we did today. Bade Boomer came in around 7 after a long trip from Sylvan Beach, so we helped them tie and went to dinner. Tried to get a reservation at Confederation Basin in Kingston but they only accept docking requests by written form. Welcome back to Canada! Never had to do this in the 10 months we were in the US. Pure BS. Anyways printed off the form and faxed it to them. Of course, when I saved the form, I could not write on it so I was required to print it off. Would have been so much easier if I could fill it out on the computer, save it and send it by e-mail, but that would seemingly not work for the Municipality of Kingston. Don't ask me what someone would have done if they did not have a computer on board or access to a fax or printing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment