Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wednesday - July 6, 2011

lat 43 11 35; long 75 44 62; eng 940.56; fuel 320 gallons; Sylvan Beach

Filled the tanks to find out exactly how much fuel I used from New York when I last filled the tanks. The gauge was showing 75 gallons. Either I was dumping fuel overboard or my bilges were filled with a about 250 gallons of diesel. Anyway, it took only about 100 gallons of fuel to fill the tanks so my fuel gauge has gone on the blink. Will manually calculate fuel usage each day now.

Sylvan beach was another nice marina along the Erie Canal. We crossed Oneida Lake in about 2.5 hours and pulled into a marina on the other side of the lake at Brewerton New York. Easy day. Decided to drive to Watertown, a little east of Brewerton in order to pick up charts and a chart plotter chip for Lake Ontario. in planning the trip over a year ago, I never planned for the trip across the lake. I have charts for the entire Trent Severn Canal but none to get from Oswago New York across the lake. Can't believe I was that dumb!

In any case we got the chip and the charts, came back and relaxed for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment