Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday - September 8, 2010

Still at North Shore Marina at Grand Haven. Last night the winds did get to about 40 knts. The boat moved a bit but we were quite sheltered. A lot of sand ended up on the boat from the beach which is about a mile away. Washed it off today.

Went to the local market this morning and bought some fresh vegetables. Nice thing about Michigan is each town has a local market on a particular day of the week. I have decided to get a second VHF radio in the boat.

It appears that I cannot get a new mike for several days. So tomorrow a new radio will be installed and I can take the mike on that radio and put it on my primary. I'll have the replacement mike sent on, either to my niece's place in Chicago or to a marina. The second VHF is probably a good idea since we can monitor all channels while having the primary on 16 all the time.

The winds are slowly dying down and we could leave tomorrow except that the new radio will be installed tomorrow afternoon, so it looks like Friday. The weather forecast for Friday indicates 1 foot seas so we should be able to make a good run and possibly make South Haven - about 45 knts from Grand Haven. I think the others are all leaving tomorrow. d

No comments:

Post a Comment