Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday - April 12, 2011

Still at Turnburry Marina. Nice place with a nice pool. Went over to play golf at Turnburry this morning and it was expensive. Also had to take a forecaddy who really just drove the cart and washed my clubs. If there were more players he would actually go down the course and spot the ball as they are hit. It speeds up the game in busy season. Since I was playing alone he was good company. Great job in retirement. He actually works for a company which hires out caddies to various courses around the US. In return the caddies get tips and best part of all get to play for free on any of the courses which the company contracts caddies and apparently there are a lot of courses including Pinehurst, and Doral. My caddy was retired and I asked him what he did before this job - alligator wrestling. He showed me a picture of him with his arm in a gator's mouth. He retired at 45 because his reflexes were getting too slow!

After my game, I came back and laid around the pool. Brenda went and got her hair done over at Turnburry and it was also expensive. I think everything around here is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment