Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 1, 2010

We are now settled into Green Turtle Bay. WEnt and had pecan pancakes for breakfast this morning at one of the marina restaurants. Delicious! I then started to wash the MIssissippi mud off the hull. I put the dinghy in the water and pulled myself around the boat and washed the boat with soap and water. I never realized how dirty the hull was because it had a fine layer of mud all around the hull such that you could not really tell that it was dirty. However once I started washing it was apparent. The Mississippi mud really sticks to the hull. It was a day long job but I finished. Tomorrow I start the upper part of the boat which has become dirty form our travels.

We went over and visited a couple on Tide's In who we had not seen since Michigan City and had a nice chat.

Brenda and some of the girls rented a golf cart and went into the local little town.

Dinner was at the local yacht club which is part of GTB.

1 comment:

  1. Pecan pancakes...sounds decadent. How long are you in Green turtle Bay? Are there actually Green Turtles? We are going home today through Tennessee and Kentucky. We will check out where you are.

    ReplyDelete