Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tuesday - October 12, 2010



Lat 034 46 69, long 087 13 17; Fuel 201 gallons, Eng 438.39

Filled up with fuel yesterday. Still had half the tanks left, which is pretty good since the last time I filled was at the junction of the Mississippi and the Illinois. We left Bay View marina at 9:15 and fell in behind another Looper who we followed all day. It was a very dreary day with lots of cloud cover. However the good thing there were no locks today.

This section of the river is very industrial with lots of electricity plants. Went through the Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge. This is apparently a flyway for migrating birds. All in All it was not a scenic part of the river except for a few parts

We pulled into Ditto Marina about 4. My slip entry left something to be desired. I did not correct the wheel enough when pulling into the slip and brushed the side of the dock. Fortunately it had rubber pads along the dock which protected the boat. As i made my mistake I heard what I thought was a lot of laughing at my failed efforts. I looked over to the right and there were a bunch of snow geese cackling away and it sounded jsut like laughter. You can see the SOB's above. Later on a few more Loopers pulled in, one, which we had not seen since Parry Sound back on Georgian Bay - Goncruzin III and two we had not met before - Gypsea and Magoo. Had the 5:30 over at our boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment